CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

12 months

Well okay, MORE than 12 months. 12 months and 3 weeks of marital, newlywed bliss.  (Then again there were some not so blissful parts, but we don't need to go into details.  Part of every couple's first year of marriage involves ups and downs and most of all adjustments- duh!) 

Overall, I could not be happier than I am now with the man I love.  He is my best friend and is pretty darn patient with my emotional roller coaster mood swings. (ahem, PMS!)  He is wonderful and I am so lucky!

Here are the highlights of the past 12 months. 

APRIL 2011:
 
Forrest and I took a camping trip near Sycamore Creek after being married only 1 month.  Hog dog cooking, a new tent and hiking. Also, my good friend Ginny got married and I was a bridesmaid.  It was a beautiful day and reception!



whoops, closed eyes!


at the reception- also debuting my new short 'do!

Ginny + Stephen and the bridesmaids!
Happy Easter 2011 :)

 May 2011:

Here's my fam at The Cheesecake Factory celebrating my little brother Tanner's 16th birthday. My other brother, Jared, graduated from high school at Mountain View! Go Toros!
 






June 2011:


Hubby and I took a trip to Arkansas and Memphis for a week.  This is where Forrest served his LDS mission 3-4 years ago and we went back so he could visit members and converts and show me around.  It was a really different "neck of the woods" and there was a heavy Southern culture that I'd never been around before.  But it was awesome!
Outside of Elvis' home in Memphis!

The exact place Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated.





 July 2011:


In July we spent a week in Carlsbad, California with my fam at the beach and in a rented condo.  We go every year for the 4th of July and it is so fun to relax and get away!




Our matching Grouch shirts!  
At the San Diego temple  

At the temple where one of my best friends, Nikki was getting married. Here I am with Raquel, Summer and Stacey! July 2011
Nikki + Spencer!

August 2011:

We took a last minute summer trip to Rocky Point, Mexico, to stay in Forrest's grandparents house by the beach.  I want to go back!!

 

 September 2011:


In September, we celebrated Forrest's 24th birthday.  Oldie. I threw him a little party and made him a cake.







 October 2011:


Forrest joined a city basketball league with his two brothers.  I went to their games and cheered them on!  At home, I got crafty and made these cute Halloween ornament balls to hang on this spooky tree I was given. My family got professional photos taken for Christmas cards.  And, to celebrate Halloween, we spent the night at a haunted hotel in Phoenix with our married friends, Tasha and Cody.



nice and sweaty!

  

 

 
At the Hotel San Carlos in Downtown Phoenix. It was a spooky experience!
Trying to capture a "freaky" picture in the elevator.
  

November 2011:

The Pratt family had professional photos taken!

   
 
  

December 2011:

Forrest and I took a weekend trip to Vegas so I could be at the wedding reception of my really good friend and previous roomie at BYU, Madi!  My other roommates Shayli and Laura were there and it was the best thing ever to reunite for one night! Love those girls.  Forrest and I also decorated our first Christmas tree in our home. :) And we went on a trip with the Pratt family to Bison Ranch, AZ for a few days in the snow!

 
  

Bison Ranch condo we stayed at- isn't it so cute?

Getting ready to play in the snow!

January 2012:

Happy New Year! I celebrated my 21st birthday on the 4th- yay! My brother shares my birthday and he turned 19.  Hence our cool birthday cake made by my wonderful mom.  Also, Forrest finally cut his loooong hair- for my birthday. ha. 

With our friends Tasha and Cody

New Year's pic on the dancefloor!
The birthday kids!

Celebrating our birthdays at Tia Rosa's
New short hair! All for me!
  

 February 2012:

My not-so-little brother, Jared left on his LDS mission to Madrid, Spain.  Forrest's brother Jordan reported two weeks before Jared, and they are friends! Crazy. Jordan is going to Singapore.  It was really hard and sad to see them go, but they are doing the right thing!

After Jared's farewall talk at church

Me and my bro

The day that Jared left- my siblings and I
 March 2012:

Forrest and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on March 10th!  We can't believe how fast this year has gone.  Best year of our lives, for sure.  We are poor college students, so on the weekend of our anniversary we got Little Caesars pizza and took it to a park to eat pizza, "Crazy Bread" and cut pineapple that I brought along with our soda poured into a Carl's Jr. 64 oz. jug.  It was really windy and cold but we loved it and had fun being together and talking about our future married life. We also went to T.G.I. Friday's on the day of our anniversary.  Note to self and others: food there is just mediocre.  Probly not worth going again.  (We only went 'cause we had a "Buy One Get One Free Entree" haha we are cheapies, I know.) The following weekend was our Spring Break so we spent the weekend in Chandler at a hotel and went shopping and out to eat! Sadly, no pictures.
My cutie with his 64 oz. HA.

Celebrating our 1-year at a park with pizza, Pepsi and pineapple. Oh yeah.

Most recent iPhone pic of us.  Aren't we cute. :)


 So, that's it! One whole year and counting of marriage and we can safely report that the weather is beautiful and predicting clear skies and a rainbow of happiness in the years to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment